The truth is, many entrepreneurs fail miserably at taking full advantage of the enormous marketing potential of their websites. In fact, chances are you already understand the importance of proper content. But do you know how to optimize your website to make it more search engine friendly? Of course you don’t and that’s why you have called on SEO Experts.
Here are six easy search engine optimization (SEO) tips to help get your website noticed and admired!
1. Do your research my friend. Keyword research is essential for page optimization. More than likely your website is naturally includes keywords without you realizing it, simply by providing valuable content on a topic. However, there are a variety of tools and techniques for finding related keywords relevant to your website and blog posts that you may not have considered. There are many tools that we use to find keywords related to your topic and even spy on your competition to see what words and phrases they are targeting to bring traffic to their sites.
2. Utilize keywords throughout your website. Once you have targeted a couple of valuable, relevant keywords, it is important to place them where they will have the most impact for people and search engine crawlers indexing your content. Try to include them in the following key areas:
Title Headings and subheadings
Anchor text (text you hyperlink to other related pages on your site)
Title tags and meta descriptions
3. Don’t Get Keyword Greedy. A word of caution: Don’t engage in keyword ‘stuffing’, which is the act of filling your content with an overabundance of keywords that it becomes difficult to read. This irritates your website viewer and it will also get you penalized by Google. A couple of strategically placed keywords will do the magic trick.
4. Optimize your images. Whenever you upload a photo to your website, be sure to include keywords in the file name and fill out the alternate text field with a brief, keyword rich description of the photo.
5. Reference others with links. When you mention another blog, website or article in your content or blog post, include a link to the information you are referencing. Not only is it good online etiquette, but you may also get lucky and receive a link back. Quality links are a valuable commodity for any site looking to rank higher in search engine results pages.
6. Give readers the opportunity to subscribe to your blog, newsletter or announcements. Include prominently placed RSS or Feed Subscription Buttons and offer viewers the ability to subscribe to your posts via email whenever possible. This allows your followers to have instant notification of your latest postings without having to periodically check your site for new content.